Monday, October 18, 2010

Weeks #31 and #32

Hey, guys!
I'm so so so so sorry that I didn't check in last week. Monday I fell asleep as soon as I got home and then I just got distracted the rest of the week. But here I am today...
Not a WHOLE lot has happened the last two weeks. Eric and Anna were in town this past week, so I got to hang out with them. I've been taking Lady for walks in the park...let me tell you, it is so peaceful after a long day at work. Last Thursday, on my day off and not usually a day I go to the gym, I met up with Eric and Anna for a little gym time. I did my usual half hour on the treadmill. Then I went...TO THE OTHER SIDE!!! Ominous sounding, huh? Not really. It's just that there's a wall that divides the workout equipment (treadmills, bikes, etc.) from the weights. Normally I stay on the workout side. But Eric and Anna feel that I should start adding weights to my regimen. So Anna showed me her workout that she usually does with the free weights (for those that don't know, they're the little handheld ones). It's a fairly simple workout that works I think all the muscles in the arms, as well as some in the back and shoulders. This is a good thing because I've been working on the lower body.
So, today, I did my half hour on the treadmill and then moved on to...THE OTHER SIDE!!! Okay, I'll stop. I did the workout Anna helped me with. Ummmm....yeah, as a side note, Eric and Anna: Remember when I told you the other day that it didn't burn? Oooooooh, it burned today. Granted, I did three sets instead of the just one. The one that really killed me was when I bent over and had my arm by my side and then stretched it back behind me. My arm was shaking with the strain of trying to finish it. But I did.
Oh, and something happened while I was on...THE OTHER SIDE!!! (Last one, I swear) I was standing there doing my workout looking in the mirror like Eric and Anna said. There was a woman that kept coming over to the free weights. I didn't pay much attention at first...I was trying to focus. But then I noticed she kept glancing over at me. Then she would go to another piece of equipment, then back to the free weights and glance at me occassionally, then to another piece, and so forth and so on. Just about when I was starting to think, "What the heck is this woman's problem?" she stopped what she was doing and turned to me.
"I want you to know that you're doing a great job," she said. "Just keep up the good work and focus you'll get to your goal. You can get through it."
I smiled at her and thanked her and went back to my routine. A complete stranger! I don't know if it was a sign from God, a little encouragement on His part or what, to let me know that even though I'm struggling so bad with this, more at times than others, that He's there helping me and my family and friends are helping me. It really made me feel good to hear what she said. Not that your guys' encouragement is nothing to a stranger's, but every now and then I get the mindset of "What's the point?" and to tell you the truth, I had started to get feeling that way again.
This week I'm sadly back up to 246. I'm not entirely okay with that, but at the same time I'm not that worried. I've noticed that my pants and (embarrassing to say) panties are majorly looser. It's from all the walking, I know. It's starting to get my legs and butt under control. Now maybe with the weight training I can start getting the upper half with the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment