Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 26

I'm a little late posting, but hopefully you guys will forgive me... I had my latest appointment for the baby...Baby Jacob, that is! It's weird when I talk about him like he's here. I'll just be talking along and say something like, "Oh, yeah, and Jake'll do this," and blah blah. It's just so...WEIRD!!! Anyhoo...I had my glucose test done which meant more blood had to be drawn. Yuck! I don't really like needles. I'm okay with them, I guess, I don't totally freak or anything, but I just reeeeeeally don't like them (which is just one of the many reasons I don't want an epidural). For one, I have rolly veins like my mom, so it's not always easy for them to find it. Also, the last time I had to get blood drawn at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was a little dehydrated and they kept having to stick me. Finally, I had to come back another day after hydrating myself well, and even then they still had trouble. Well, this time they got it on the first try. Yay! And the results are equally happy...well, maybe not equally, but I don't have gestational diabetes, which I was totally dreading. I do, however, have low iron levels, which means I'm probably going to need supplements for. I haven't gotten ahold of the doctor yet. They, of course, also took my weight while I was there. This is another dread of mine. I know I'm supposed to gain weight, but I just cringe every time I get on the scale. I'm now up to 273. So, total I've gained 23 pounds. Which, I guess isn't completely terrible, but I still don't like being that heavy, even if it is due to having an alien inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment