Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 37

I had my appointment yesterday. Not very much happened. The doctor checked my belly size and listened to the baby's heartbeat and sent me on my way. I'm a little surprised...I had thought he would have checked to see if I was dialated, but maybe they do that later. When asked if I had any questions or concerns, I told him that Jake hasn't been moving around nearly as much as he used to. I mean, this kid used to have knock-down, drag-out parties in my abdomen and now there's next to nothing! He said that he wouldn't be too concerned, that there's very little room in there to move around too much and also because he had heard the heartbeat, but to do fetal kick counts. For those that don't know, basically I give myself a starting time (perhaps after I eat or something) and then start counting all the little flutters and flickers (hiccups don't count because they're involuntary). If there are less than 10 within two hours I was to go to the hospital where they'd put me on a monitor for a bit. Well, apparently my kid just needed some sugar, because I had a glass of kool-aid and he started jumping around quite well. Still not as much as he used to, but a decent amount.
I'm hoping it won't be too much longer until he makes his grand entrance (however un-grand for me!). However, I have a kinda funny story...
I love my clients. Everyone has been informed of my pregnancy and I have had so many well-wishes and presents given to me. This morning at work, two of our really great clients came in. While they were in there, they asked how I was doing and we started talking about the pregnancy. Then they made their prediction...I will not have the baby for another four weeks (aka two weeks late). According to them, because there was a full moon this week, that will end up pushing back my due date, and therefore the date will be around the 14th of July. They said they've been pretty accurate with determining friends' due dates. All I could think to myself was, "Noooooooo!" Of course, people also say women can go off of how their mother's pregnancy. If that's true, then their prediction really is accurate. My pregnancy has gone pretty much like all of my mom's, which isn't comforting considering all five of us were late...the younger four being two weeks late and my oldest brother being around five weeks late! Don't get me wrong, I like being pregnant. It hasn't really been so bad, other than some discomfort and shortness of breath in the past couple weeks. But I'm ready for him to be out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment