Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week #9 (not as late)

Well, I'm a little more chipper this entry. I have pictures, which I'll post at the end of this post.
In response to comments made on my last post...
Eric: Yes! My clothes are fitting better. I feel it and my coworkers all see it! I have to wear a belt to work. This is not new, as even though my pants were tight before I started losing weight, they still kept gradually sliding down throughout the day. But when I started this weight loss, I was on the very last hole. I'm almost to the third one in now! And my coworkers tell me about every other week that my scrubs look like they're not as tight, especially in the shoulders. Every now and then I feel energized, especially right after I've worked out. I feel really good about myself and my body. And I've found a way to pass the time while working out. Remember "Week #7" I kept having to convince myself to keep working out? Yeah, they have TVs there, but I don't always like what's on during my time there, so instead I put it on a music channel and read! I can't believe how fast the time goes!
Danielle: Thanks for the vote of confidence! I wanted to tell you, though, that yes, overall I did set a high bar, but at the same time every little pound less makes me feel great! I don't know if you've ever heard of the John Tesh Radio Show (it comes on 95.1 down here at 7:00 pm). He gives really great advice on nearly every topic. One time I was listening to it and he was talking about weight loss. He said to not look at the big picture (i.e. me getting down to 200 or even 175) but to set little goals, like 5 or 10 pounds at a time. Then it won't seem like that much and that way you don't get discouraged. I guess that's what I'm doing now. Every pound lost thrills me, but when I get down 5 or 10 pounds, I'm ecstatic! And I have a question for you: Which is better--working on one piece of equipment and working off twice as many calories or burning half the calories, but working on two different pieces of equipment? For example...the elliptical for half an hour burns twice as many calories as doing one hour (half an hour each) on the bike and the treadmill. Just wondering...you know, get a doctor's take.
And to all of you (both commenters and readers): Thank you all SOOOOOO much for being there for me. You have no idea how much it means to me!
So, this week's weight is...238! Even though I'm only back down to that daggone number, at least I was able to lose what I had gained, right? I feel like those little toy cars that you pull backwards and then let go and they shoot forward, then stop and you have to pull them back again. Well, I just had to be pulled back a little, so now I can shoot forward!

Sorry for the scrub top. I stopped by mom and dad's after work and remembered that I needed to post pictures for you guys. But look, guys...I'm smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment