Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week #7 (tardy)

Hello, all!
This not having internet thing really kinda sucks, so just bear with me for now. I did weigh myself as usual on Monday, even though all your calendars say today is Thursday (unless you're really lazy). My new favorite thing at the gym is the elliptical. But oh...my...gosh is it freakin' hard! Half an hour on that thing burns twice as many calories as doing both half an hour on the treadmill and half an hour on the bike! I've gotten to the point, though, where I want so bad to stop, but I keep having to tell myself to keep going. I start out on the equipment and almost immediately want to quit. So I tell myself to at least do half the amount of time (aka 15 minutes). I get down to 15 minutes and figure, "What's 5 more minutes, and then I've done 20 minutes, which is better than 15." Well, I push myself to 10 minutes and think, "What the heck, I'm under the 10 minute mark now. Let's get down to 5 minutes. No one'll care if I stop 5 minutes early." At the 5 minute mark, I'm like, "Well, heck! I've made it this far, might as well go the whole way."
You may think it's a little funny, but I do this every time! I have to push myself every time I get on the thing! My diet hasn't changed much. I was worried moving away from mom's cooking that I would go back to my old routine of pasta all the time, but I haven't. I have made Rice Krispies treats (mainly for Mike), chicken salad with grapes and pecans (REEEEEEEALLY good!), and a sausage puff. Basically it's eggs, sausage, cheese, and Bisquick mixed together and you bake it. I just cut a little square and pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds before I head out the door in the mornings.
And my weight for this week is....stiiiiill 238. Yep, you read right. It hasn't budged. I'm not too bummed about it, I guess. We all hit plateaus. If you want to be technical, I've lost a couple tenths of a pound. But at least I haven't gained any, right?
And don't forget, next week is a picture week!

No comments:

Post a Comment