Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week #19

So, as you know, I'm loving the pool. I tried pushing myself more. I told you that I'd do 50 of the one set of lifting, 30 of the other, and so on. Well, I tried doubling that amount. My arms feel like jello afterwards, but I feel great all around. I also try to move more in general while I'm walking, so I try to swing my hips a little more and/or do little lunges with every step.
I talk about the gym a lot, but I don't talk much about the food I eat. Not that there's too much to talk about. When Mike and I moved, I got back into eating what I wanted, when I wanted, but I've been able to cut back from that again. And now Mike's doing it with me! He found out he had to lose some weight for another job he applied for. I don't think he's applying for that job anymore, but he's still eating better, eating more vegetables (I'm so proud of him), and since this month he's off Mondays and Tuesdays, he goes to the gym with me. We've been good about checking each other with our food intake, too. He's already lost a little weight. He has a physical today for work (they do it once or twice a year) so we'll see how that goes for him.
My clothes are fitting better. I look in the mirror and see that my middle is cynching in a little more. My bathing suit (speaking of the pool) fits great. It's a two-piece tankini...halter top and shorts. I spilled over the shorts last year and had to keep tugging the top down. I don't have to do that anymore.
So, this week's weight...237. I've lost another pound! Woot!

1 comment:

  1. we continue to be sooo proud of you! awesome to hear about mike's progress too. i know how much he doesn't like veggies---so i'm really impressed with the effort he is making. again, i think it will help you so much to really make this part of your sustainable lifestyle if a focus on your health continues to be a goal in your home and partnership!! it's not as much about the pounds as it is the process. though it is only natural that weight loss will be a natural consequence of a healthful lifestyle. woooohoooooo!!!!! yay kestners!

    ReplyDelete