Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Temptation

I know I said I'd give you weekly updates, and I will, but I just had to vent for a moment. It's only been three days, true, but this is kinda hard! I guess I knew it would be, but you don't really miss something until it's gone. I never realized how much I ate before now. I'm not starving, mind you. It's actually going better than I had imagined (hence the "kinda" hard). I've been good...taking only the correct portions and not going back for seconds. Although, I have to tell you, I got a little hung up on dinner tonight. My portions chart didn't have a listing for hamburger helper! Mom told me to go with the pretty much standard cup serving size. And I've realized that I'm not HUNGRY after dinner. I could eat more, sure, but I'm not starving or anything. Pretty much the only reason I feel like I want to go back for more is for the taste of it...it tastes so good! I try to make the food last as long as I can while I eat it, though. I chew slower, trying to savor each bite. I break things up into pieces. Anything to make me FEEL fuller. I've been trying to drink more water, too, you know, as a filler. All this helps, but I hope my willpower will hold. Man, I'm so weak...

No comments:

Post a Comment